You know, kick back and play a glorious combination of Soul Calibur V, Mass Effect 3, and Final Fantasy XIII-2. And for most of my day, that was exactly how it went. Had some coffee, played with our kittens, and started my multi-hour gaming marathon.
Then, I came across this.
This new gameplay trailer comes from Nintendo's 'Nintendo Direct' broadcast, which aired last night and included announcements and news for several games. I think it's pretty awesome getting a second trailer over the span of about a week, despite this one recycling a few scenes from last week's.
As in the style of my last trailer article, here's some elements I took notice of...
- Is it me, or is the revised Unova map shown in greater quality this time around?
- The inevitable showdown between Black/White Kyurem is going to RULE.
- The second city they show towards the beginning looks so familiar...
- Is the vista an updated Accumula Town?
- There's that theater-esque building again...I no longer think it's for an updated musical. Movies, perhaps?
- It confirms that Dolphin-Boy's Gym is the one with the player character traversing multiple lilypads...
- Also shown once more is BW2's animated trainer sprites...freakin' awesome!
- Black Kyurem just launched a wicked Freeze Bolt at Serperior...bet it was a one-hitter. ;)
- Who is the
chick guy chickmanwoman...? with the book and freaky hair?
- KELDEO. As a Water-type enthusiast...so want!
- At 1:15 is why I think those new theater buildings are for movies. First the green room, and then the scene with the girl encountering a Tyrannitar. That would rule so hard.
So, I have to ask...which of Kyurem's new forms look more appealing. I was a fan of Zekrom over Reshiram, but for some reason I seem to prefer White Kyurem...
And once again, this blog will feature episodic coverage of Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 when the games release in Japan on June 23rd. Once my import comes in...it's gonna be awesome. :)