Thursday, June 21, 2012

Pregaming: Pokemon Black 2

My dear, dear friends: We are close.

So very, very close.  In two days, Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 launch in Japan.  My order for an imported copy is in, and thanks to some good ol' fashioned expedited shipping, I should hopefully be receiving it around the 26th.  You know, just in time for my wedding.

I've plugged it a few times before, but I really want to get the ball rolling: Stick around this website and my Twitter account for a frequently-updated, episodic coverage of the game, starting from the hour my copy goes into my DS.  


Excited? I sure am.

Of course, this certainly helped my excitement...

I wish I'd had the time to post to MTIdeas when this video was released last month.  It by itself deserved a dedicated post praising its awesomeness.  If only the anime had turned out like this...

For the record, the rival looks almost like he was designed to be paired up with Samurott.  Just how warrior-like he looks with his hair all...uppity... And of course that's Cheren paired up with Herdier.  Being the Normal-type Gym Leader this time around, I'd totally expect it.

I have a nasty habit of pre-determining which Pokemon I'm gonna use every time a new release comes out.  Been that way for ages.  Part of the reason I loved Black was that I imported it from Japan; there were maybe 5 words written in English.  It's true when they say that if you've 'played one' Pokemon game, you've 'played them all,' but being immersed in a brand new setting, with completely foreign Pokemon, and not being able to read a damn thing...that was a fantastic experience.  Felt like I did when I got my copy of Pokemon Blue, way back when I was a kid.  This time around, I know most of Unova (save for the new bit added on for the sequel), and I know the newer generation of 'mons.  

Well, mostly.  One thing BW2 are featuring is the 'addition' of the hidden/mythical/you-have-to-cheat-or-hack-your-game's-programming-to-find Pokemon; Keldeo, Meloetta, and (presumably) Genosect.  Specifically, they're really plugging Keldeo.

D'aww....just look at him!!

Keldeo is the fourth member of the 'Musketeer Trio,' consisting of legendary Pokemon Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.  Keldeo draws his inspiration, most likely, from the character D'Artagnan, who essentially became the 'Fourth Musketeer' in the literary classic.  While it's been known for a while that Keldeo will be featured, one thing GAMEFREAK threw in to the mix is Keldeo's new 'forme,' called 'Resolution Forme.'


Like a My Little Pony for dudes...

The World Tournament feature is also something I'm way too excited about.  It was also foreshadowed from a bit of postgame dialogue with a character in BW, who basically suggests that a tournament be held between all the champions of the known regions.  Getting a chance to re-battle Gym Leaders from the previous games is a wonderful idea.  

Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 are going to rock, just as hard in Japanese as they will in English.  Again, keep it here for my interpretive, poorly-translated playthrough of Pokemon Black 2, as soon as the game arrives in my mailbox. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment